Friday, July 6, 2018

Health Update: July 6, 2018

July 6, 2018

Good morning,

Just placed a Publix order for the next two weeks. I scheduled delivery for when Annie will be here so she can help put the groceries away and she likes to cook so I will task her with making sandwiches like auntie did when she was here. 

I also ordered frozen peas and generic Tylenol since the pharmacy charged me too much for the brand name for delivery and the ice packs I bought at CVS don't stay cold for long enough to help with the pain. 

I can't take anything else for pain as per Manzano's instructions since it interferes with bone growth. 

I called Pinecrest to set up PT / OT and am trying to move all of my treatment over there since Good Sam took 8 weeks to get me in and then went on vacation for 3 weeks (probably contributing to my recent falls and loss of strength) 

There's only so much I can do on my own. 

I will try to fix the walker a bit more when my hands feel better. Had trouble opening cans and couldn't make any tuna sandwiches which I like so I ordered a can opener from Amazon for $12.95 and just tested it out and it works great!! 

Cancelling my debit card so I'm trying to anticipate my needs for the next 10 days (the length of time to get a new one) so I will try to get a friend to drive me downtown today to get some cash for incidentals. 

Miss Annie is too old and frail to ask her to drive me and pack up my walker which I need right now. 

That's all for now. Doing my bone stimulator therapy. Have 2 hours and 5  minutes to go (it's connected via Bluetooth to Manzano's office so they send me reminders every day to do my treatment at 4am and 12pm if they don't see me using it. 

I look a bit like a dog in a shock collar but have to wear it 4 hours a day for the next 6-9 months. It's not so bad really. 

That's all for now. 

Xoxox 

Liz
--
Elyssa Durant, Ed.M.
Nashville, Tennessee



"You may not care how much I know, but you don't know how much I care."



______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment