Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I'm not blaming Trump... yet

I'm not blaming Trump for creating the hatred, you can't breed that level of hatred overnight. These neo Nazis have been around for a long time hiding in the shadows. 


Only now have they felt empowered to come forth waving swastikas and advocating for the death or deportation of all Jews from America and around the world. 


I'm merely suggesting that the way his campaign was run (e.g. endorsements from the KKK) allowed these people to surface and the election results seem to have legitimized the actions and hatred of the Alt Right. 


I think some of this may be in part a knee jerk reaction to Black Lives Matter but I know I'm not the only one trying to understand what has just happened and wondering where we go from here.



^ed 

No comments:

Post a Comment