Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Reality Check: 47 Million Underinsured and Uninsured in America

I am one of them: here's my DailyDDoSe March 28, 2017


We live in a society where no one accepts responsibility for their mistakes; no one is held accountable
for their actions; and one EVER, EVER says they are sorry.

Let me show you a small glimpse inside the typical day of the 47 million uninsured and underinsured in the wealthiest nation in the world: The United States of America.

As someone who spent years as one of the 47 million (source RWJF.org) I spent day after day after day doing the same thing without any result or consequence.

I can only offer
you a glimpse into day in the life because there is no room to sit in my car with all the files, medical records and appeal documents.

I believe my apartment may actually be a fire hazard...

This was my daily update posted at 7:30am:

As for my most recent insurance dispute (2008) little jas changed and I feel I have done everything humanly possible to
protect health care providers who are NOT providing health...

I cannot clean up the slack for my every underqualified, health care provider (who did NOT provide adequate care to my patients or myself). However I feel I have no other choice than
to share what I have learned...

Having been on both sides if the proverbial couch, I have the perspective
that is both enlightening and scary at the same time.

Sometimes I try to look at this fight, (I meant to say this life) objectively.

I can see my own future, and I can see where it is taking me. I know how it will end it I don't thinks I can
keep up the
pace.

It is amazing at how far we will go to have nothing at all.

I have come this far, and on some level I almost enjoy the dance.

No.

On some level, I actually love the
dance.

No. I won't give up now. Because without this turmoil, this means an end to this demonstration project of futility and determination, amd without that I am nothing at all. I can't lose what I never had.

I won't be another sell-out; mostly because I don't know how.

I am the voice of perseverence. I am one of 47 million Americans with sunstandard medical care.

And today I am I am still fighting the good fight.

This battle; this challenge; this half won war has come to define me. And without that, I am really nothing at all.

As someone once told me, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. I've already fallen, but I sure as shit stand for something.

So for now, I write. Maybe later, I will listen. And if there is any justice left in this world, maybe someday I will actually live.

Just me,

Elyssa D. Durant, Ed.M., ABD
Research & Policy Analyst

^ed 

No comments:

Post a Comment