Sunday, November 5, 2017

Should Trump Be Allowed To Keep His Twitter Account?

The Powers That Beat: Should Trump Be Allowed To Keep His Twitter Account?


Should Trump Be Allowed To Keep His Twitter Account?

November 5, 2017 


So there is a lot of discussion about silencing, free speech and the First Amendment since Trump's twitter account disappeared for all of 11 minutes the other day.  


I've got really strong feelings about this. (Shocking; I know) But free speech and the First Amendment do NOT protect some idiot from shouting "FIRE" in a crowded theatre. It does, however protect me as a private citizen from expressing dissent and voicing my concern over political grievances and injustices.  


Trump has launched an ALL OUT WAR on the Free Press and the Media. Calling it Fake News while he lies daily from the Oval Office and tweets like a crazy man to Fox News and makes threats and engages in targeted harassment against Women and people of color.  


While many have pointed out that Trump violates the Twitter TOS (terms of service) daily I am one of the few people who actually feels we should let Trump keep his Twitter Account.  


Yes, I feel we should LET him keep his account but hold him accountable for every lie he spews and each time he incites violence or threatens people of color or his political opponents.  I also got banned for this. 


So Twitter is NOT holding us to the same standards. I may have to verify my account just so I can spout nonsense and profanities and be insulated from the Twitter TOS.  


I can now be found on Twitter @RogueChillieh  Until the next time; Elyssa Durant  -


"You may not care how much I know, but you don't know how much I care." 



^ed 

No comments:

Post a Comment