Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Prescription for Disaster: More Cuts to Healthcare Under Trump

Good morning!

The MRI people called back THREE TIMES to add insult to injury now telling me that the $395 dollars doesn't include the fee for the radiologist to read the report.

Insurance is no longer paying for my psych meds and won't even allow my pharmacist to substitute something the makes sense. After prescribing Valium for years by my incompetent shrink who spends four minutes with me once a month after I wait 4-6 hours in the waiting room so full people are sitting on the floor, I'm feeling a little agitated to say the least.

Grandma was with me when Manzano wanted to give me a script for Valium to add to Zanaflex for the myoclonic seizures and muscle spasms which are terribly painful. I told him not to write a script for Valium since my psychiatrist prescribes it to me so he didn't.

Now my shrink decided not to give it to me (from what I heard he got busted by the DEA for being an incompetent pill mill and drug pusher) and I have to suffer. Which I am.

However, I am going to call Manzano's office right now because the muscle spasms are quite bad. Of course it makes more sense to get it from my psychiatrist since I will (unfortunately) be in his care longer than a neurosurgeon but I'm not even sure if my shrink speaks English because he's never even asked me how I'm doing and it takes months to get an appointment or even to get someone on the phone.

This article I wrote that was widely published back in 2005 seems more relevant than ever.

And I just read that more cuts to Medicaid and Medicare are coming soon thanks to Trump and the complicit GOP.

Since Grandma doesn't think it "counts" as a "real" publication unless she sees it in the newspaper, I probably still have the hard copy somewhere but hopefully she can still read it if she clicks on the link below.

And here's another for good measure. The Editor has requested permission to publish some of the writing I did when I was in the hospital and I was thrilled until Grandma told me not to let them publish anything unless they pay me.

Well, Yahoo agreed to pay me for 73 articles I wrote and I never received a single penny.

I wish I knew a good lawyer who could settle this family debate!!

My writing could save millions from having to suffer needlessly from Healthcare cuts so Trumpski can have his stupid Wall and Space Force to go with his ICE, his personal Gestapo.

That to me is worth more than a few dollars here and there in royalties.

I had a really bad week but I'm feeling better today and will be out protesting at Mar-a-Lago again this weekend.

I can't "March" just yet, but my friend has a wheelchair I can borrow because as someone directly affected by Trump's agenda and deep cuts to everything I value, healthcare, housing, education, I feel that my voice matters and I'm not going to let a disability keep me from voicing my opinion and opposition to his policies.

I refuse to remain silent during this dark period in American history.

No comments:

Post a Comment