Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Health Update June 15, 2020

3:30. I am feeling a much better this morning.

They only gave me a one day supply of Valium which stopped the seizures. It was delivered last night. Had a small seizure when I woke up (they are worse in the morning) and I have two doses left so I should be able to take a shower and go to the podiatrist with my walker.

I spoke with the clinical team in Miami that Manzano wants to take over my case. They reviewed it on emergency basis and will see me next Tuesday.

They told me to go back to the emergency room if the seizures continued and I can't walk.

They work with a neurologist named Martinez in Miami. They said the neurosurgeon I'm meeting with is a "House" like physician and deals with complex cases like mine.

I can lift my feet a few inches today and walk much better but I slept late (8:30am) and went back to sleep when my alarm went off at 5:30 so the day is still young.

They told me to call pain management but I'm just waking up. Haven't had my second cup of coffee ☕️ so to speak.

Radiology just called and to schedule further testing, I told them I want to wait off until I meet with the surgical team.

My personal sense is that the seizures are related to signal damage and my nerves are going haywire somewhere between my brain and my legs since they occurred before my surgery and were under control for 18 months post surgery and have now returned.

When I have the seizure episodes, I can't move my legs for a week afterwards.

June 15, 2020
10:31am

Liz 🐧

/ed70

On Jun 16, 2020, at 9:00 AM, Marc Durant <MDurant@durantlaw.com> wrote:


What time is your podiatrist appointment?

Marc Durant
Durant & Durant LLC
www.durantlaw.com
267-221-1900

This e-mail is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please notify me immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you.

Statement Required by U.S. Treasury Department: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, Durant & Durant LLC informs you that if any advice concerning one or more U.S. Federal tax issues is contained in this communication (including any attachments), such advice is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

/ed70

No comments:

Post a Comment