Thursday, November 12, 2020

Microsoft urges users to stop using phone-based multi-factor authentication

https://www.zdne
t.com/article/microsoft-urges-users-to-stop-using-phone-based-multi-factor-authentication/ 


https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-urges-users-to-stop-using-phone-based-multi-factor-authentication/ 

This is what we've been fighting about all these years. I read the log files for my various devices and thev changed the method for dual factor authentication. 

That ranges from a text message, an email, a specific device or fingerprint scan. 

This is the world we live in now and it's infuriating to me that I have to explain this to the Director of Security at one of the leading universitíes or the beat cop who responded to my call when someone tripped my home security system and didn't understand when  I told him, the calls were coming from from inside the house. 
     

I will leave it there for now. I'm too tired to write. 

Love

Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment