Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Health Update: July 22, 2020 9:53am

‪I'm literally feeling sick after my conversation with the health department. ‬

‪It looks like I'm going to have to delay my neurosurgery because #Florida can't get their shit together to do my pre-op clearance during a preventable #COVID19 outbreak. ‬

‪These people are complete morons.

Now they tell me that they need a chest x-ray that has to be scheduled at Good Sam and possibly a cardiologist to sign off if my EKG comes back abnormal (there's no reason to think it will come back abnormal, they are just being difficult).

They said the bloodwork takes 3-7 days to come back and they can see me on Friday ‬but they said even if they didn't cancel the appointment, my doctor (whom I never met) can't clear me by the 29th because I can't get X-rays scheduled. 

They make everything difficult. When I explained my situation they said, "well, we were closed for three months because of COVID" 

I'm well fucking aware they've been closed for 3 months because I've been waiting that long to get surgery. 

I'm literally sick after dealing with these COVIDIOTS for the last six months but have to play with the hand I've been dealt so I will call Jessica who does the scheduling in Miami this afternoon when I am calm and rational. 

It would be very helpful if my mother could help me get to some of these appointments. 

Half the problem is transportation and COVID testing is drive through testing and medical transportation won't take you there. 

I have no idea how to even schedule that... with an uber? 

I'm COVID-19 negative. I'd like to keep it that way. 

I ponied up $38 for some N95 masks because my zip code is listed as one of the Top 10 hotspots for coronavirus. 

But hey, according to Trump, "one day; all of this is just going to disappear. Like magic!" and hopefully he will too. 

July 22, 2020 9:59am

🐧



/ed70 
--
Elyssa Durant Research and Policy Analyst

No comments:

Post a Comment