Monday, July 27, 2020

Only the good die young

Jason Kutsher was my first love. In 10th grade. He was a senior and went into the Navy Seals. 

He's dead. 

Ned was the very first guy I dated and cared for after you dumped me of at that house in queens. He wrote a NYT best seller. Dedicated it to me.

He's dead. 

My closest friend caught covid.  He wanted to marry me but I haven't thought about any other men since i fell for you. 

He's dead. 

My friend Kirsten was in the hospital with me. She was a lawyer and we used to laugh about my Comcast recordings. She had breast cancer. 

She's dead too


You are my oldest and closest friend in the world. The one who got away. The greatest love of my life. Exceptional by anyone's standards. I don't have to quote your resume back to you. 

And your dead. 

When is it my turn?
--
Elyssa Durant Research and Policy Analyst

No comments:

Post a Comment