Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Health Update: July 7, 2020

Health Update: July 7, 2020

Just got home from the hospital. Reading over the notes and instructions for my upcoming surgery crying as it becomes real when you read it in black and white.

Trying to decide what level of disability I can live with. Would you chose to save your arms or your legs??

Would you rather lose your mind or your physical autonomy?? Because right now it feels like I'm losing both.

They found the source of my seizures and I'm going to dumb this down for you folks who have been following my healthcare trauma and drama since I woke up paralyzed a few short years ago.

My brain is fine. My strength is fine and I worked really hard in physical and occupational therapy to walk again.

Unfortunately, my brain is sending signals to move my arms and legs and because of spinal cord damage the messages get distorted along the way.

As a result my neurons go nuts and start sending signals and if you tell me to touch my nose I touch my ear.

Currently I can still walk, but I can only take baby steps. I had to walk up a ramp today, and I'm proud to say I did it a hell of a lot better than Trumpty Dumbty did at West Point, but I'm still not where I would like to be.

So they are scheduling another major neurosurgery as soon as possible and everything else is taking a backseat.

I won't be allowed to have any visitors including my immediate family due to COVID-19.

My dad said, "THAT'S TERRIBLE" but I don't think it's so bad. I won't have to put on a happy face and pretend that everything is just fine. Because it's not. I'm not ok. And I usually don't post things like this on Facebook, but the last few years have changed my perspective on things.

I've never been one to sugar coat things, and anyone who is familiar with my writing (available on Amazon) knows that I am a straight shooter.

I'm getting the best care possible, and working with the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and I released all of my medical records to be used for medical research.

And that's really all I've got for right now. I know better than anyone that people are dying because I've lost 4 out 5 of my closest friends in the last 3 years and it really sucks to go through this alone but that's the way it needs to be with the virus running rampant in Florida due to poor leadership and selfish pricks who thing they are making a statement by not wearing a mask.

You go ahead, tough guys. All you're proving is that your an idiot.

I find it ironic that these idiots claim wearing a mask is an undue burden but mah guns mah guns.

If you are clinging to the 2nd Amendment to protect us from fascism and an authoritarian dictatorship, you missed your chance.

Cowards.

Elyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment