Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Health Update: July 22, 2020

‪They say when you lose one sense your other senses become stronger. ‬


‪When i lost touch, i found my taste and smell got stronger. When the dexterity and mobility came back in my hands i taught myself to cook. ‬



When my right leg went paralyzed again, i started eating instead of exercising and doing my physical therapy. I've been on lockdown and quarantine since January and for a while i  fought devastating depression. 


Losing you felt like the life force had been drained from my body. I wanted to die too just so we could be together. 


But I know sadness is not what you want for me.  And there is much work to be done here on earth.  And some days are better than others but the one thing that never changes is the love i have for you. 


So i made a commitment to get well. And I learned to walk once before, ill learn to do it again. 


So next week i go in for another major neurosurgery and hope that i will be able to move my legs again when i wake up and after some hard PT and OT I'll be able to live my best life. 


To be continued... 

--
Elyssa Durant Research and Policy Analyst

No comments:

Post a Comment